The Bible is not supposed to be a mystery. It is a love story from God to us, His people, His children.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. — Psalm 119:105
Studying the Bible helps us develop a deeper understanding of what God has planned for us. We should all desire a deeper relationship with the Lord. We could study the Bible for our entire lives, hour after hour, day after day, and never reach the depths of the information Our Heavenly Father has provided for us. We will only be able to understand fully when we get to Heaven.
According to Hebrews 4:12, Scripture is “alive and active, sharper than any two-edged sword.”
This is so true because we get sidetracked by interruptions and diversions that keep us from getting started or lead us astray once we do get started.
One way is we can begin on a daily basis and keep going including making a plan for a study time and sticking to it.
10 Tips for Studying the Bible
- Remove distractions.
- Keep a notepad beside you to write down any thoughts that might arise and set them aside for later.
- Pray before you start.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you and stop occasionally to listen and meditate on the Word.
- Read and study one book at a time.
- Use a Bible Journal
- Read Chronologically.
- Research new and interesting learnings.
- Use a video Bible study.
- Memorize verses or passages (or chapters).
Please pray for me as I am praying for you and all God’s People!!